Look what I just cooked up: Fried Peach n’ Coconut Quinoa served over greek yogurt:
This is usually the time of day I find myself ready for a little snack. So, why not play with the peaches, right?
I went digging around and this is what I came up with: peaches, coconut milk, toasted unsweetened coconut flakes from a cake I made a bit ago, a lime… and, chili pepper flakes that are just too pretty in color to leave out.
I can just hear you now: Wait, Elisha… did you say “fried”?
Yes, FRIED. I took all these goodies and I fried them up in some coconut oil. I know that it seems unconventional – but think peach cobbler without the sugars, or peach pie without the effort. This is a dish you’ll discover (as I did) is perfectly sweet and warm for a cool fall morning, but, most importantly, it is also clean and pure. Just what mama likes.
Here’s what you’ll need for 2-3 servings if you decide to try this at home:
- Coconut Oil
- 1 fresh peach, diced
- 3/4 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 a fresh lime
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- red chili pepper flakes
- unsweetened flaked coconut
- Place about 1 tsp of coconut oil in a hot frying pan and throw in your diced peaches. Allow the peaches to sit for just a minute on one side, then take a spatula and move them around a bit so they don’t stick.
- Add an additional 1 tsp of coconut oil and 3/4 cup of cooked quinoa. Stir to coat the quinoa and peaches together, then allow to fry for about a minute without stirring.
- Pour in 1/4 cup light coconut milk, and season with just a touch of kosher salt and black pepper. Add in your chili pepper flakes to taste, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Stir over heat for another minute… and, that’s it!
- Remove from heat. Serve 1/2 cup of your peach ‘n coconut quinoa over 1/2 cup of greek yogurt. Top with flaked coconut… and enjoy!
Happy Monday, everyone!
Rebel on, Elisha