Okay, since it’s Valentine’s day and “love is in the air” as my 5-year old proclaimed this morning, I must post a sexy quinoa recipe.
Yes, I said “sexy quinoa”. Did you know it could be so?
Well, when you pair it with some foods touted as “aphrodisiacs”, there is nothing ‘blah’ about this favorite superfood of mine. To the contrary: what you get is a sexy, flavorful, spicy, ‘I want some more’ salad you’ll want to make over and over (whether it’s Valentine’s Day or not).
Here are your ingredients… and, if you click on the links, you’ll learn why each ingredient is prized as a ‘sexy’ food:
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 small fresh banana, sliced into quarters and then diced
- 5 fresh basil leaves, diced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- a sprinkle of dried chili pepper flakes (how hot can you handle it?)
- 1 TBS honey and a splash of water
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl.
- Warm the honey and water in the microwave for about 15 seconds so that it is pourable, and pour it over the salad.
- Stir thoroughly so that all ingredients are coated in honey.
It would make a great pre-dinner treat, or a really nice dessert salad to cleanse the palate.
Hey, maybe you just make it because you’re man is on his way home and you need a little pick me up before he walks through the door.
However or whenever you eat it, ENJOY… and love, love, love being with your man.
Happy Love Day, everyone!