Okay, ladies… we arrive home from a long day at work, carpool, and/or sports for the kids and all we want to do is get a quick, nutritious meal on the table for our family. Right? Quick and easy cooking, so mamas relaxation comes faster?
Well, this past Monday I was back on AM Northwest with Dave making an amazing dinner ‘superbowl’ recipe that anyone can do in 5 minutes flat. As I mention in the segment, the hardest part about this recipe is simply being prepared. BUT, if you have the time to stop and grab a rotisserie for dinner, and you have the right things on hand, this is a ‘wower’… I promise. (My 12 year old asks me to pack it in her lunch… that should tell you something.)
Enjoy – and come back and tell me if you make it!
The ingredients and instructions follow the segment.
INGREDIENTS / GROCERY LIST:
- Whole rotisserie chicken
- Bag of organic spinach
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- Pre-cooked quinoa from the fridge**
- Debone the rotisserie using your fingers. Place all deboned meat on a plate. Place half the chicken on a cutting board and roughly chop with a large knife. (You can store the rest of the chicken in a plastic container.)
- Drain and rinse 1 can of gabanzo beans.
- Rinse and dice two green onions.
- Rise and roughly chop one bunch of cilantro.
- Rise and dice 1/2 a medium jalapeno.
MIX IT ALL TOGETHER:
- Place 2 cups of pre-cooked quinoa in a large bowl.
- Add all prepped ingredients and two handfuls of fresh, raw spinach.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the mixture and drizzle approximately 1/4 cup of olive oil, too.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well until all ingredients are well coated and blended.
- Top with diced jalapenos for anyone that can handle the spice.
This ‘Super Bowl” can be eaten warm or cold… and it also stores nice for lunch the next day. (NOTE: If you store it overnight, be sure to squeeze a little extra fresh lemon on it before enjoying it as a leftover.)
Never cooked Quinoa before? No problem – check out my youtube tutorial.